Eurowood B2B platform Terms & Conditions
Through the usage and access of Eurowood’s services, B2B platform, website or services affiliated with, originated by or arranged through, the member or website visitor accepts, without limitation. All of the terms and conditions of Eurowood.
The original and only legally binding version of the Eurowood Terms & Conditions is in English. Translations of the Terms and Conditions into other languages are only indicative and should not be viewed as legal documents.
Eurowood reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. Change of these general conditions will occur by a standalone posting of a new and modified version of the Eurowood Terms & Conditions on the Eurowood.com website. Neither member or website user will be separately contacted or updated about the changes made to the Eurowood Terms & Conditions
By using Eurowood's services, website and B2B Platform or services affiliated with, originated by or arranged through, the Member agrees in advance that each use will be subject to the then applicable version of the Eurowood’s Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions apply to all Members, interested non-members, applicants and other individuals or entities visiting Eurowood.com website or in any other form communicating with the project team, shareholders and other involved parties.
This Agreement sets out the terms and conditions under which “Woodexp” UAB, a company incorporated in Lithuania, registration no. 304892368, whose registered office is at Sausio 13-osios g. 31, LT-04347 Vilnius, ("Eurowood", also can be referred to as “Eurowood platform”, “Woodexp” UAB, “The Platform”, “us”, “our” and other related words) offers services to a group of clients (the "Members").
Access to the B2B Network and Internal Information
• Access to Eurowood’s services is only open to persons, businesses, companies or organizations duly registered with Eurowood and which have expressed their interest to become a part of the Eurowood network.
• A company, entity, individual or organisation is considered to be a full scope member of Eurowood B2B platform only after the subscription fee payment is received by Eurowood, UAB
• The application to become a Member is made by completing an online registration form on the Eurowood website www.eurowood.com or can be facilitated by an official representative of the Eurowood platform through emails or direct communication. The final approval is always issued after the receipt of initial membership payment.
• Eurowood reserves the right to refuse any application on its own discretion. If Eurowood accepts a Member application, the applicant shall upon acceptance and, if applicable, on payment of the appropriate fee (“the subscription fee”), become a Member (and “subscriber” if he has paid a subscription fee) of Eurowood for the period specified by Eurowood, generally one year (12 months) unless stated otherwise.
• The services of Eurowood are accessed by means of a username and password provided by Eurowood upon registering the member account. Eurowood will keep the user name and password confidential and will not make them available to third parties. The Members must not disclose the user name and password to other persons. The user name and password are personal to each Member and cannot be transferred to other Members. The Members bear full and entire liability for any use that is made of their user name and password, even though such use is not authorized or made without their knowledge. The responsibility of the information provided through a company profile relies on the contact person whos information and contact details are provided upon registering to the Eurowood B2B platform. Members undertake to indemnify Eurowood for any damage resulting from any misuse or abuse of their user name and password.
• Member agrees not to engage in any deceptive, misleading, illegal or unethical practices that may be detrimental to other Members of Eurowood. Member agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Member further agrees not to sell, represent or promote any services that compete with the services of Eurowood. Any violation of the aforementioned rules can result in the termination of the Membership without any right of the terminated member to retrieve the Membership fee.
Services Provided by Eurowood
• Eurowood provides its Members with a trading platform, the Eurowood B2B platform which is deployed on its official web site www.eurowood.com. On the platform, members can search for offers and inquiries of their interest. Access to the details of these offers and inquiries is subject to the type of membership that members are registered to. Depending on the type of membership, members can also have the right to post inquiries and offers, send messages via the Eurowood website to buyers or sellers posting information on Eurowood, manage their own postings on Eurowood and manage messages they receive or send via the Platform.
• Depending on the type of Membership, Members have a account profile, a listing subpage which is visible on all their postings and may be accessed by other members of Eurowood B2B platform, may have exclusive rights and options to take advantage of the Eurowood B2B platform functionality depending on the type of Membership.
• Eurowood sends emails to its Members on a regular basis, a summary of the new offers and inquiries as well as regular emails about Eurowood’s activities, new member listings, information about or from our partners in the wood industry, the latest milestones and details about upcoming Eurowood events, networking opportunities or other information in relation to the hardwood and timber industry. Members may unsubscribe anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by advising so replying to the received email.
• Eurowood has no control over the quality or legality of the items advertised on its website or in its newsletters, communication emails, social media posts or any other information found online (“the postings”), the truth or accuracy of such postings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items. Eurowood cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction neither it can guarantee that offers, photos or specifications listed on Eurowood Platform by any of its members are 100% accurate and valid. This is an individual Member’s responsibility which is accepted while registering to become a Member.
• Eurowood acts as a platform, an intermediary and is not involved in the actual transaction between the buyer and the seller. Because Eurowood is a platform, in the event that a member has a dispute with one or more other members of the Eurowood Platform, members release Eurowood (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
• Eurowood inserts the company information of all members, of which it estimates it has enough information, in the Member Directory. Eurowood also provides its Members with functions to search in the directory of Member companies, may also provide direct contact information on individual cases. Access to these search functions and details of company profiles is subject to the type of Membership that Members are registered to.
• The company information provided by Eurowood in the Member Directory is given by the Member’s themselves. Eurowood has no control over the truth or accuracy of such information.
• Eurowood provides market information to its Members (industry news, calendar of future auctions, price indices, successful deals, price quote request, networking information, contact requests and etc.). Access to such information is subject to the type of membership that members are registered to. The information provided in this section of the website and other forms of communication such as emails, social media posts, and other channels may be supplied by third parties that act as information providers. Eurowood has no control over the truth or accuracy of such information.
Eurowood B2B Platform Pricing
• Access to the services of Eurowood is subject to the type of membership that members are registered to. The details of the different types of memberships and the rights associated to each of them are available at any time on the Eurowood website www.eurowood.com
• Eurowood reserves the right to change at any time the pricing of the membership (“the subscription fee”) as well as the scope of services offered within each of the membership options, also add more membership options or issue exclusive time-limited offers. These changes will be of application from the date of publication of these changes on its website unless communicated otherwise in advance.
• Any information relating to the account profiles, company listings, price quote requests, order placement, company information, the banners, and all other relevant information about the company, its services, products, certifications, employees and related persons must be provided by the Member in one of the languages used on the Eurowood website.
• The Member may also provide this information in other languages used at Eurowood. Eurowood will display each language version of these materials on the corresponding language version of its web site. If the Member provides the information in only one language, the same materials will be displayed in all the language versions of the web site. Eurowood will neither translate nor verify the exactness of translations of the information provided by the Member.
• The product information introduced by the Member in the product forms on the web site will be translated by Eurowood and will be displayed in the language corresponding to each language version of the web site. Eurowood will attempt to make the translations compliant with the wood industry usage but has no obligation of result. Product information that is introduced by the Member in the free text boxes available in the product description pages will not be translated by Eurowood.
Disclaimer of Warranties
• Eurowood’s services, B2B platform, website and other business-related networks operated by or on behalf of “Woodexp” UAB are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of title, warranties of merchantability or warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. Eurowood is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, statement, offer and request of wood products, woodworking machinery, quality of equipment, its durability, the honesty of information posted on the B2B platform of Eurowood by platform Members or Subscribers or others on the market and the Eurowood website or the Platform. All articles and material displayed on the Eurowood website are for information purposes only and are not a substitute for specific advice.
Limitation of Liability
• Eurowood hereby disclaims any liability for damages suffered by Members, resulting from the behavior of other Members (erroneous information, non-fulfillment of contract, etc.).
• Eurowood undertakes its best efforts to fulfill the needs of Members but has no obligation of result whatsoever. In case of any claim by any Member against Eurowood, regardless of the basis of the claim, Eurowood will be liable only for the amount of actual proven direct loss or damages suffered by such Member, with a maximum of EUR 500.
• Eurowood shall not be responsible for any delay, poor functioning or service interruption of the Eurowood website and B2B Platform and shall also not be liable for any events which are due to force majeure, or for exceptional problems capable of or affecting its performance, such as strikes, floods etc., telecommunication problems or the interference of computer viruses or generally any event which is due to a third party.
• A Member’s use of the Eurowood services, Eurowood B2B platform, website, and other business-related information or materials is conducted on Member’s own risk. Eurowood nor any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall be liable to any member or anyone else for any loss or injury or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of a member’s access or use of, or a member’s inability to access or use, the Eurowood services, Eurowood B2B platform, website and other business-related information or materials available on Eurowood listings, B2B platform or website or arising out of any action taken in response to, or as a result of, any information available on the Eurowood services, Eurowood B2B platform or website. Member hereby waives any and all claims against Eurowood and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives, and licensors arising out Member’s use of the Eurowood services, Eurowood B2B platform or website and the information available thereon, save for what is expressly provided for in the Eurowood Terms & Conditions.
Term and Termination
• The minimum term of the Subscription is of one year from the date of the confirmation by Eurowood - via email or fax - of the receipt of the payment for the said Subscription. At the end of this period, the Subscription will be automatically renewed for another identical period.
• A Member may terminate its Subscription by notifying Eurowood of the termination by ordinary mail or by e-mail.
• If a member wishes not to renew his membership he should notify Eurowood at the latest 60 days before the end of the term of his membership.
• Eurowood has the right to terminate the registration of a Member in case this Member does not respect the terms of the Eurowood Terms and Conditions and/or acts in contradiction with generally accepted commercial uses.
• If a Member decides to terminate its Subscription for whatever reason, Eurowood will not owe any compensation to the Member. If Eurowood decides to terminate a Member's Subscription, then Eurowood will refund the Subscription fees paid by the Member on a pro-rata temporis basis, considering the time delay between termination and the natural expiration date of the Subscription. However, if Eurowood has terminated a Member's Subscription because of the Member's non-respect of its contractual obligations, thenEurowood will not refund any portion of the Subscription fee.
• Termination of a Member’s subscription for non-respect of these Eurowoodl Terms & Conditions does not limit in any way the right of Eurowood to claim damages and interest from the Member.
• Eurowood may, in its sole discretion, change the Eurowood Terms & Conditions by publishing new terms that will apply automatically upon publication on the Eurowood web site. The continued use of the B2B Platform by Members after this publication implies their acceptance to be bound by these new terms. It is the Member's liability to monitor the modifications of the Terms & Conditions, thereby verifying their continued acceptance of the terms contained therein.
• Should any disposition of the Terms & Conditions prove to be invalid or impossible to implement, the invalidity or impossibility of implementation of such disposition will not affect the validity and enforceability of the other dispositions of the Terms & Conditions in any way.
• By using Eurowood's services, website and B2B Platform or services affiliated with, originated by or arranged through, the Member agrees in advance that each use will be subject to the then applicable version of the Eurowood’s Terms and Conditions.
• The Terms and Conditions apply to all Members, interested non-members, applicants and other individuals or entities visiting Eurowood.com website or in any other form communicating with the project team, shareholders and other involved parties.
• Litigation arising between the Members and Fordaq shall be subject to Lithuanian law. The Lithuanian court system shall have sole jurisdiction.